Let me give you a short and simple explanation how to upgrade to the latest version of the Local Trade Copier.
First, and probably most important thing to note is that you need to start the new Server EA first. So after you log in to the Download Center and get the latest LTC, you will have to install it to all the MT4 platforms you will be using. Then, make sure you first start only the master accounts with the new Server EA attached. When you will see them running and “server send” counter increasing, then you can start the slave accounts with the new Client EA.
Here are the steps to do to upgrade to the latest version of LTC:
- Stop the old LTC EA’s (Remove EA from MT4 chart).
- Close MT4 platforms.
- Download the latest LTC from the Download Center. If you do not remember your log in information, please use your email to reset the password.
- Install the latest LTC to all the MT4s you will be using it on. As usual you will have to install Server EA on the master accounts and Client EA on the slave account.
- Start all master MT4 platforms and attach Server EA’s. You can load the last used EA settings using the “Load” button in the EA Inputs tab. When you will see that all your Server EA’s are running and “server send” counters are increasing you can proceed to the next step.
- Start all slave accounts and attach Client EA’s. You can load the last used EA settings using the “Load” button in the EA Inputs tab. When you will see that all your Client EA’s are running and “server read” counters are increasing you are done.
It is always best to upgrade when you have no open positions, but in case you have open positions and still want to do the upgrade, then you might find this article useful “How to check if Client EA will try to close any open trades on startup“.
Please share this information with someone who needs it. You may also want to check the The Definitive Guide to Forex Trade Copying to learn more about how to use the Local Trade Copier and copy trades between multiple MetaTrader 4 accounts on the same computer.
Please post your comments and questions below.