Let me give you a short and straightforward explanation of upgrading to the latest version of the Local Trade Copier.
The first and most important thing to note is that you need to start the new Server EA first. So after you log in to the Download Center and get the latest LTC, you will have to install it to all the MT4 platforms you will be using. Then, make sure you first start only the Master accounts with the new Server EA attached. When you will see them running and a “Trade Synchronization” counter increasing (“server send” in older versions), then you can start Client accounts with the new Client EA.
Here are the steps to do to upgrade to the latest version of LTC
- Stop the old LTC EA’s (Remove EA from MT4 chart).
- Close MT4 platforms.
- Download the latest LTC from the Download Center. If you do not remember your login information, use your email to reset the password.
- Install the latest LTC to all the Metatrader platforms you will be using it on. As usual, you will have to install Server EA on the Master accounts and Client EA on the Client account.
- Start all Masters accounts and attach Server EA’s. You can load the last EA settings using the “Load” button in the EA Inputs tab. When you see that all your Server EA’s are running and a “Trade Synchronization” counter increasing (“server send” in older versions), you can proceed to the next step.
- Start all Client accounts and attach Client EA’s. You can load the last EA settings using the “Load” button in the EA Inputs tab. When you see that all your Client EA’s are running and a “Trade Synchronization” counter increasing (“server read” in older versions), it means the update is completed.
It is always best to upgrade when you have no open positions. But if you have open positions and you’re afraid that after updating the LTC copier might close them, then you might find this article useful: How to check if Client EA will try to close any open trades on startup.
If you have questions, contact our support team here.