Skip to main content

Split master MT4 trades into multiple positions on the client account to avoid 50 lot size limit


Today’s question about the Local Trade Copier:

What if the slave account size is more than $500,000 and we work on 10% risk per trade? The MT4 in some brokers will not allow an open trade of more than 50 lots. So do you have a solution for this?

The only solution to this seems to be to open multiple trades that would sum up to the right lot size.
What you can do is to run 2x LTC Client EA’s on the same slave account with unique magic numbers. Of course you do this on two separate charts.

Two LTC Client EAs on the same account to split master trade into multiple positions

Two LTC Client EAs on the same account to split master trade into multiple positions

You need to set the 1st Client EA to risk 5% and the 2nd Client EA to risk another 5%. This would total to the 10% risk because there will be 2 trades running on a slave account for each master trade.

I hope that helps, and please share this information with someone who needs it.
You may also want to check the The Definitive Guide to Forex Trade Copying to learn more about how to use the Local Trade Copier and copy trades between multiple MetaTrader 4 accounts.

Rimantas Petrauskas

Rimantas Petrauskas is one of the most well-known programmers among Forex traders. Having more than 20+ years of programming experience, he created two of the most popular trade copiers for the MetaTrader 4 platform—the Signal Magician and Local Trade Copier. Rimantas is also a best-selling author on Amazon after his book "How to Start Your Own Forex Signals Service" hit #4 in the Forex category during the first launch week.

Leave a Reply

Malcare WordPress Security