Here’s how you can check if Client EA will try to close any open trades on startup:
- Set the same MagicNumber value as used by previous Client EA.
- Set AcceptNewTradeSignals=FALSE
- Set AcceptTradeModifySignals=FALSE
- Set AcceptTradeCloseSignals=TRUE
- In the COMMON tab deselect “Allow live trading“. This will take away permissions for the Client EA to make any trading operations, even if Client EA has AcceptTradeCloseSignals=TRUE
- Click OK to load the Client EA.
- If Client EA fails to load and gives an error about “Allow live trading” being disabled, it means it is trying to close open trades. At this stage you need to find why Client EA cannot match open trades on the client account with the trades on the master account. Check MagicNumber.
- If Client EA loads fine and “server read” counter is growing, it means Client EA is not trying to close any open trades. At this stage it is safe to run Client EA with your desired settings, but still the same MagicNumber value as used by previous Client EA.